What Are The Application Areas For Solar Lighting Systems
The use of solar lighting is getting popular not only for outdoor lighting needs but also for indoor. As a result, people are getting more aware of the CO2 footprint and how it is affecting the entire world.
To reduce CO2 emissions, people are supporting the cause by Going Green. By Going Green, we meant to say that people are choosing renewable energy sources as an alternative.
While there are many methods you can choose from, the one we will talk about in this article is Solar Energy.
Solar energy is considered to be the most powerful renewable source of energy, and hence, everyone is prioritizing its use.
To use solar energy at home, you need to install solar panels on your rooftop. These solar panels trap the solar energy coming from the sun and convert them to usable electric energy.
The consumable electric energy is stored in AC batteries to power up the house and your yard during nighttime.
If you have become interested in the solar lighting system and want to install it for your house, it is crucial that you know its features, advantages, benefits, and the areas where you can actually use them.
Solar Light For House
Although there are many uses of solar power, solar lighting is one of the most prominent. This is because large electrical products need a large amount of electrical power. For solar energy to offer what these appliances need, the solar panel needs to be large.
But, in the case of solar lighting, it doesn’t require a large energy source. And thus can be operated with a small amount of energy from solar power.
The magnificent thing about solar energy is that you can use it any time without paying even a single dollar to anyone except the initial installation cost.
If you are thinking of installing solar panels in your home to leverage the advantage of solar power, you must know a few things about it.
Solar lights for houses offer an economical solution for domestic lighting requirements. Since solar energy allows you to have a consistent power supply for your home lighting, you must know all about its features.
Let’s now walk through the features.
- Short-Circuit Protection: Solar lighting offers protection from polarity and short-circuits. Therefore you don’t need to worry about power cuts or power outages.
- Efficient Charging: The battery of solar light can get fully charged with only a couple of hours of bright sunlight. This ensures that even if there are rainy days with a couple of hours of sunlight, you are getting your solar batteries charged for night use.
- Overnight Backup: The battery backup for a solar light is super efficient. It stores enough electricity to power your house for the entire night. So, you don’t have to worry about any surprise power cuts.
- User-Friendly Installation: Solar lights are small and don’t require any complex installation process. You can easily install them in your house to meet your needs.
The Application Areas For Solar Lighting System
The great thing about solar lighting systems is that you can install them almost anywhere. When you want to use the solar lighting system indoors or outdoors in the yard, you can certainly do so without any issues.
Outdoor Solar Lighting Systems
- Solar Lighting For Your Yard: The lights in the yard are in the vogue nowadays. The solar yard lights have become an effective way to light up your yard without spending a lot of money.
- Solar String Lights: Solar string lights are mostly used to decorate outdoor trees and fences. It can easily be wrapped around and illuminate your outdoors.
- Solar Fence Lights: Solar fence lights are specially designed to light your fenced-up area and give you outdoors a majestic look.
- Solar Spot Lights: If there is something in your yard that needs highlighting - perhaps a mannequin or a beautiful fountain. A spotlight is a perfect way to do so. The spotlights are LED lights that can be placed to illuminate it.
- Solar Walkway Lights: During the night, your walkway can become all dark, and you might know what you are stepping onto. Walkway lights are the perfect way to illuminate your walkway and make the walkway safe and bright.
Indoor Solar Lighting System
Just like outdoor solar lights, indoor solar lights have their own unique features. Indoor solar lights are basically LEDs connected to small solar panels and integrated batteries.
Let’s walk through some of the common areas where indoor solar lighting is used.
- Solar Table Lamps: Solar lamps are one of the most common uses of indoor solar lighting. During the day, these solar lamps are left under the sun, near the window, where they recharge themselves. Once they are completely recharged, they light up to 5 hours.
- Solar Shed Lights: The shed light we are talking about is motion sensing lights. They can automatically turn on themselves when someone enters or any kind of motion is detected in the shed. Just 10 hours of bright sunlight can charge the light completely.
- Solar Lighting Lanterns: Solar lanterns are getting popular because of their innovative design and the amount of illuminance they can produce. A built-in lithium battery recharges the lantern, which can be used at night.
Future Of Solar Lighting System
Solar lighting systems are getting a lot of attention from homeowners. They are not only investing in solar lighting for decorative purposes but meeting their indoor and outdoor lighting needs.
As these lights are eco-friendly and sustainable, they become the optimal choice in the long run. In addition to meeting all your lighting needs, they release the pressure from your pocket by reducing energy consumption.
If you ever think of buying and installing solar lighting, you first need to understand your house’s capacity requirement and the size of the project you need to meet your needs.
Solar lighting systems might not be a new concept, but it is getting popular because of the Green Movement. If there is anything you want to know about solar lighting systems, reach out to us.
- Why Is the Study of Solar Energy Important?
- Some interesting facts about Solar Inverter and Application
- Incoming Recession And The Rise Of Solar Panels On The Sunshine Coast
- How Zuper's Solar Business Management Software Helps Solar Panel Installation Contractors Succeed
- Digital Twins Trends for Offshore Wind Energy