Eramet device to benefit from solar-plus-storage installation in Senegal
- Grande Cote Operations (GCO), a subsidiary of mining and metallurgy group Eramet SA (EPA: ERA), has actually acquired a business to develop a 13-MW solar energy plant with an 8-MW battery energy storage space component in Senegal.
The hybrid installation will certainly happen at the Diogo industrial website in northwestern Senegal, where mineral sands are being generated. Commissioning is scheduled for very early 2023.
The layout, building and operation of the plant will be managed by CrossBoundary Energy, which counts Juwi as an execution partner. The center has a 15-year distribution contract in position when it come to the renewable energy that will be produced for GCO.
Guillaume Kurek, CEO of Grande Cote Operations, commented that the brand-new hybrid plant will have a positive impact on the environmental worth of the titanium and also zircon basic materials created by the firm.
- Moroccan solar-wind huge hybrid unveiled
- Bosnia's ERS in talks with Hungary's Lugos Renewables for Trebinje PV plant construction
- Mercedes-Benz Gets 33% Stake in ACC Battery Project
- Enpal Elevates EUR345 M for New Solar Projects in Germany
- Building starts on 80-MW behind-the-meter solar project in Texas