This New Dispensing Technology Promises Higher Electricity Yield from Silicon Solar Cells
- HighLine Technology GmbH, a spin-off of Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy System ISE, declared that it has actually created a brand-new giving modern technology, which boosts the power yield of silicon solar cells. The firm has strategies to advertise this innovation.
This innovation involves a contactless giving process to use front steel calls onto solar cells. This process saves resources and also increases the electricity yield as well as the capacity for expense decreases, kept in mind the research paper.
According to the scientists, the brand-new technology can be integrated right into the traditional production procedure of silicon solar cells, replacing the display printing process utilized for the front-side steel calls. The use of new giving technology can likewise reduce the consumption of expensive silver by around 20%. It creates thinner front side calls of solar cells, allowing sunlight on a bigger semiconductor surface. This enhances the power result and performance by around 1%.
The researchers stated that contactless dispensing can additionally decrease the reject rate while using thinner silicon wafers and also considerably boost the result contrasted to the existing screen printing process.
"Our primary emphasis is currently on reducing product consumption in the photovoltaic or pv market. Besides the solar sector, our dispensing modern technology is appealing for various other industrial production processes," stated Maximilian Pospischil, Managing Director and also one of the owners of HighLine Technology.
According to HighLine Technology, the company received funding from the Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy BMWi through the EXIST Transfer of Research program. Fraunhofer Technologie Transfer Fonds GmbH additionally financed the firm, it included.
In August 2020, Researchers at Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems ISE announced a new record performance of 25.9% for the III-V/Si tandem solar cell expanded directly on silicon.
Earlier researchers at the Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Systems as well as Device Technology (Fraunhofer IISB) had identified exactly how pollutants were created in silicon crystals during their manufacturing procedure. The scientists found that the crucible and also finish systems are the biggest sources of metallic impurities in silicon crystals through different targeted experiments.
- United States utility-scale power storage designer GlidePath register for battery reusing partnership
- Trina Solar on path to go beyond 2019 monetary outcomes
- Renesola Signs Cooperation Agreement for Solar PV Manufacturing Plant
- Ordered chaos: The key to next-generation solar technology
- At Power Discussion Forum, United States Offers Perovskite Production To India