LONGi Solar presses n-type TOPCon cell to record 25.09% conversion effectiveness
- LONGi Solar has set a brand-new record conversion effectiveness for an n-type monocrystalline bifacial TOPCon cell of 25.09%.
The firm said the success, independently confirmed by the Institute for Solar Power Research in Hamelin, represents the first time that the efficiency of a TOPCon cell based on an industrial dimension silicon wafer has actually surpassed 25%.
The statement comes months after JinkoSolar established a conversion performance record of 24.90% for its N-type TOPCon monocrystalline silicon solar cell.
" We are aiming to advertise continual upgrading of the PV market, accomplishing greater efficiency and more sustainability," said Li Hua, vice president and also head of the cell R&D center of LONGi Solar, including: "Improving cell conversion effectiveness is the major network for PV modern technology growth."
In between 2012 as well as 2020, LONGi spent almost RMB8 billion (US$ 1.2 billion) in r & d, helping it to build up a total of 1,001 patents. In January 2019, the firm accomplished 24.06% front conversion performance for a monocrystalline bifacial PERC solar cell, a record that still stands.
Last year saw LONGi Solar established a new market shipment record to end up being the globe's largest PV maker for the first time. Its complete module deliveries for 2020 reached 24.53 GW, driven by its efficiency in the 2nd half of the year, when external sales covered 17GW.
- Uppsala University Shatters Solar Cell Efficiency Record
- Revolutionary Inverted Perovskite Solar Cell Achieves 25.6% Efficiency
- 1Komma5 poised to save Meyer Burger's German module plant
- Breakthrough: Triple-Junction Perovskite-Silicon Solar Cell Hits 24.4%
- Breakthrough: Semi-Transparent Solar Cells Achieve 21.68% Efficiency