Longi Produces New World Record For P-Type Solar Cell Performance
- The cell performance is 0.65% greater than that of 25.47% launched earlier this year.
- The LONGi R&D group has actually enhanced the crystal drawing process in response to boosted need for efficiency signs for p-HJT wafers, such as resistivity as well as lifespan.
LONGi has proclaimed that it has attained new globe record conversion effectiveness of 26.12% for its p-type silicon heterojunction (HJT) cells. The record, verified in screening performed by the Institute for Solar Energy Research (ISFH) in Hamelin, Germany, was attained on full-size (M6, 274.3 cm2) gallium-doped p-type monocrystalline wafers and also is the greatest record for p-type cell effectiveness to day, additional verifying the expediency of affordable HJT mass production technology.
LONGi said that the cell efficiency is 0.65% higher than that of 25.47% launched previously this year. This, claimed the firm, demonstrates its recurring commitment to driving commercial progress via technological innovation.
In the process, the LONGi R&D team has improved the crystal drawing procedure in feedback to boosted demand for performance signs for p-HJT wafers, such as resistivity and also life expectancy. The efficiency of the cell has actually been dramatically improved in regards to short-circuit existing (Isc), open-circuit voltage (Voc) and also fill-factor (FF), with increases of 1.06%, 0.3%, as well as 1.1% respectively, due to continuous developments in user interface passivation and window layer micro condensation processes.
LONGi specifically noted that the growth process resembles that for an n-type cell, totally demonstrating the technology's versatility as well as reliability.
LONGi insurance claims to be a world-leading solar innovation firm that has a lasting record of supplying higher value to end users using continuous technical advancement. In 2021, LONGi claims to have damaged the world record for cell conversion effectiveness 7 times, with performances for n-type TOPCon, p-type TOPCon and n-type HJT cells reaching 25.21%, 25.19% and also 26.30% respectively.
LONGi mentioned that it is dedicated on concentrating on customer-driven value creation for complete scenario energy improvement.
Just recently LONGi launched a new half-cut cell module having 66 solar cells version of its previous HiMO5 module that is made for the European market specifically.
It additionally revealed that in the very first half of 2022, the company had actually exported 39.62 GW of monocrystalline silicon wafers. Out of all, 19.47 GW were made use of inside and also 20.15 GW were offered to 3rd parties.
- Natrion Unveils New Battery Components that Reduce Fire Risks
- Toshiba tests transparent solar cell layered on silicon cell for 9.5% effectiveness
- Promoting the expansion of photovoltaics by cutting production times for high-efficiency solar cells by half
- Researchers improve efficiency of low-cost solar cells
- 4 terminal perovskite-silicon PV tandem devices hit 30% efficiency