LONGi hits 26.81% effectiveness for HJT solar cells
- Chinese solar panel producer LONGi introduced it has actually gotten to a performance of 26.81% for its HJT silicon solar cells on full-size silicon wafers with mass production. The record was validated by the Institute for Solar Power Research in Hamelin (ISFH).
"Improving the performance as well as lowering the LCOE (levelized expense of power) is the eternal theme of the growth of photovoltaic or pv market. Solar cell effectiveness is the sign of photovoltaic modern technology advancement. Every 0.01% enhancement in solar cell conversion efficiency needs massive efforts. Specifically, crystalline silicon solar cells represent nearly 95% of the current photovoltaic market, so the ultimate efficiency of crystalline silicon solar cells additionally shows the advancement capacity and also direction of the photovoltaic market, which is of great significance in the whole solar sector," claimed Li Zhenguo, owner and head of state of LONGi.
LONGi formerly announced a milestone of 25.47% effectiveness for these cells in March 2022.
- SEG Solar acquires Texas plant to house 2-GW module production
- New project by Dutch-German consortium to create simplified tandem solar modules for European market
- HJT Module of Huasun Himalaya Claims to Develop Efficiency Record
- Trina Solar and also Al-Raebi Ink 500 MW Agreement for Yemen Market
- Invenergy, Longi tie up in 5-GW photovoltaic panel manufacturing JV in Ohio