JA Solar intends to open up 2-GW solar panel factory in Phoenix
- Chinese solar cell and also module supplier JA Solar introduced through the Arizona Business Authority that it plans to open up a 2-GW photovoltaic panel assembly plant in Phoenix by the 4th quarter of 2023. The firm will certainly invest $60 million into a brand-new manufacturing site as well as create 600 jobs.
The site will certainly produce solar panels for all markets-- residential, commercial as well as utility-scale.
" We are very delighted to be able to set up the very first united state solar module manufacturing facility in Arizona to supply our customers in the united state the flexibility and also convenience of access to JA Solar's high-performance PV items," claimed Aiqing Yang, President of JA Solar. "JA Solar many thanks all the partners in Arizona, specifically the ACA, GPEC, and also the City of Phoenix for their excellent support as well as tremendous assistance during the whole procedure of site selection and area leasing to prepare to establish the production facility. Solar is an important part of renewable resource as well as we are thrilled to belong of the initiative to meet the goal of carbon neutrality by 2050 in the united state"
JA Solar was founded in 2005 and also is among the world's largest solar panel manufacturers. The firm makes half-cell photovoltaic panel designs in both mono- and also bifacial setups as well as has been working with M10 wafers.
JA Solar's Phoenix factory will sign up with Meyer Burger's under-construction manufacturing facility in Goodyear, bringing Arizona's total silicon solar panel production capacity to 3.5 GW.
- 1Komma5 poised to save Meyer Burger's German module plant
- Pahal Solar's Gujarat Factory to Double PV Module Capacity
- Slovakia and Sekisui Chemical Partner to Revolutionize Solar Technology
- Qcells and SOLARCYCLE Join Forces to Create Circular Solar Economy
- US Solar Manufacturer CubicPV Abandons 10GW Plant Amidst Collapsing Prices