HOMER Energy by UL software application currently efficient in modeling crossbreed utility-scale systems
- HOMER Energy by UL, global leader in the advancement of standard-setting energy modeling software, announced its most recent service-- HOMER Front + UL Analysis. The new capability assists energy programmers design and enhance the intricacies of front-of-the-meter utility-scale renewable crossbreed power systems that include wind, solar as well as battery energy storage space systems (BESS).
HOMER Front + UL Analysis satisfies a progressively critical demand as power service providers look for to boost power supply stability and strength, decarbonize energy resources as well as approach a tidy energy change.
Recent catastrophic weather condition and fire events resulted in large power blackouts and demonstrated the worth of resilience offered by hybrid power systems integrated right into a varied energy grid. These hybrid power systems boost the power grid with flexibility, resilience, need management and rate monitoring.
" We're pleased to supply a modeling as well as analysis solution which can assist offer programmers confidence that their solar and wind plus storage systems will certainly fulfill financial requirements as well as provide a steady and also greener power supply. It is the essential to fulfilling the boosting requirement for durable, clean, versatile energy sources," stated Peter Lilienthal, Ph.D., HOMER Energy creator as well as UL Renewables global microgrid lead.
Making use of exclusive HOMER Front software application, UL advisory professionals perform techno-economic modeling of a renewable generation plus BESS. Via this analysis, developers can enhance wind, solar and also energy storage sizing, review monetary returns and determine economic feasibility of a system, screen projects to establish website advancement capacity, verify income estimates and also assess potential profitability of energy markets, capability markets and power acquisition agreements.
" As energy and power markets evolve and also batteries boost in expense and efficiency, utility-scale crossbreed systems are ending up being much more typical," stated Lilienthal.
HOMER Front is built on HOMER software application, the criterion for modeling, optimization and design of least-cost microgrids as well as behind-the-meter dispersed energy sources (DER). HOMER Front + UL Analysis combines the tried and tested modern technology of HOMER software with UL's extensive advisory history in renewable resource performance and long-standing online reputation as independent designers in wind, solar and also energy storage space.
" The increasing energy transition requires a method to model the complex variables in front-of-the-meter generation, which drove us to prolong the HOMER engine to do estimations on inputs consisting of day-ahead or actual time markets and also more thorough treatment of capital and also overhead. When integrated with the deep competence in renewable power of UL advising engineers, HOMER Front reveals key information consisting of the ideal dispatch for battery energy storage," claimed Lilienthal.
To provide details on a crossbreed system's economic metrics, HOMER Front designs time of shipment power purchase contracts, energy moving arbitrage for the wholesale energy market consisting of day-ahead and real-time markets, as well as capacity book markets such as source competence (RA) in the California Independent System Operator market (CAISO).
Energy designers will acquire deep financial insight right into utility-scale systems powered by solar, wind as well as energy storage consisting of:
- Detailed analysis of battery procedure, PV production and also earnings of energy sales into energy markets
- A considerable, customizable part collection with HOMER's advanced storage model consisting of energy storage space ability destruction, as well as augmentation and also replacement approaches
- Modeling energy and ability markets consisting of contracted income along with merchant income and assimilation of locational minimal prices (per hour and sub-hourly) as well as resource generation data
- Solar software company Aurora opens office in Germany
- IndiGrid agrees purchase of KKR-backed renewables platform Virescent
- Sunobi releases Utility vs. Battery tool to assist California contractors highlight NEM 3.0 savings
- Allume Energy brings multi-tenant solar management platform SolShare to United States market
- Demand IQ releases sales canvassing application with "Solar Preview"