China's Hounen to open 1-GW solar panel factory in S Carolina
Mar 20, 2023 11:47 AM ET
- The US arm of Chinese solar maker Zhejiang Hounen Photoelectricity Co Ltd (Hounen) is planning to pour USD 33 million (EUR 30.9 m) right into a job that will create its first solar panel manufacturing facility in the US, it claimed last week.
The investment strategy was validated by the governor's office of South Carolina recently.
Especially, California-based Hounen Solar will establish a 1-GW manufacturing base in South Carolina's Orangeburg County, using a 200,720 sq ft (18,648 sq m) facility it intends to lease for the objective. The website will create and market crystalline silicon solar (PV) panels.
The plan is anticipated to produce 200 new jobs.
"We are excited to introduce our first production operations in the USA. Our new photovoltaic panel setting up plant will certainly permit us to create one GW crystalline silicon PV panels for markets in the United States," stated Hounen Solar's CEO Jufang Lv.
- Trina Solar Unveils New n-type i-TOPCon Advanced Technology with 26% Efficiency
- Orsted commits to recycling solar panels
- Scientists demonstrate laser-driven control of fundamental motions of the lead halide perovskite atomic lattice
- LONGi announces perovskite/crystalline silicon tandem solar cells with 31.8% efficiency
- Maxeon Solar achieves record efficiency of 24.7%, various other improvements
Solar Installers, Manufacturers