400MW Solar-Fishery Hybrid: A First in China
- Trina Storage has successfully completed the delivery of a 25-MW/50-MWh Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) in Tianmen, China. This hybrid solar-plus-storage site will generate electricity over fish ponds and offers 1500 VDC energy storage technology with extended battery lifetime. Get ready for cleaner electricity from this 400-MW site!
Trina Storage has completed the delivery of a 25-MW/50-MWh Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) for a 400-MW solar-plus-storage site in Tianmen, Hubei, China. The site will generate electricity by hybridizing solar power and storage, sitting over fish ponds. Trina Storage provided a 1500 VDC energy storage system, consisting of ten 2.5-MW/5-MWh battery cabinets, with precision thermal management technology for improved battery lifetime. The site has been switched on and is expected to generate electricity for the local grid.
What Benefits Does Trina Storage's 400-MW Solar-Plus-Storage Site Offer?
- Trina Storage's 400-MW Solar-Plus-Storage site will be the largest solar-plus-storage facility in the world.
- It will combine 400 MW of solar power with a 400 MW/1,600 MWh battery storage system, with enough capacity to power over 500,000 homes.
- The site will offer electricity savings of up to 20% and will provide clean and reliable energy to customers in the region.
- It will also help reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 90% over a 20-year period, helping to meet Australia's emissions reduction targets.
- The facility will also offer additional services, such as frequency control ancillary services, to provide grid stability and support the transition to a low-carbon energy system.
- The project is estimated to create up to 500 jobs during construction, and up to 50 permanent jobs during the operation of the facility.