Best Practices Guide for Photovoltaic System Operations and Maintenance
A best-practices report on photovoltaic (PV) operations and maintenance (O&M) released by NREL and the PV O&M Working Group provides valuable insights on improving the performance of PV systems, extending their lifespan, and saving costs. The report is an expanded edition of an interim report published in 2015.
The guide offers information and recommendations aimed at increasing the effectiveness of O&M services, reducing O&M and transaction costs, improving PV asset transparency for investors and rating agencies, and providing an industry framework for quality management. Checklists throughout the guide help users take concrete steps to improve their O&M practices.
The guide is most relevant to fleets of third-party-owned, grid-connected PV systems—in rooftop and ground-mounted configurations—for residential, commercial, industrial, and utility-scale applications. It covers a broad suite of activities and services that include asset management, monitoring, operations, preventive maintenance, repair, and disposition, as well as dependencies such as different mounting settings and site conditions (e.g., bird populations, snow, pollen, and high temperatures).
The guide is an output of the PV O&M Working Group, which consists of solar stakeholders across the value chain—as well as experts from NREL, Sandia National Laboratories, and SunSpec Alliance.
- The Case for Mini Grids Stronger Than Ever, Says Global Report
- Green Energy can Shoulder India's Economic Recovery After COVID-19: Report
- Solar PV Panels Market Size Worth $176.2 Billion by 2027|CAGR 4.3%: Grand View Research, Inc
- Solar Street Lighting Market to Produce $14.6 Billion Revenue by 2030: P&S Intelligence
- Global Pico Solar Market Report: Production, Revenue, Price Trend by Types & Market Analysis by Application