Utility SP Group getting 150-MWp rooftop solar portfolio in China
- Power utility SP Group has accepted get up to 150 MWp of rooftop solar photovoltaic (PV) arrays in China from Shanghai Unisun New Energy Co Ltd
SP Group, which operates in Singapore and also the Asia Pacific, has already closed the purchase of 80 MWp of the agreed capacity, paying approximately SGD 34 million (USD 25.6 m/EUR 23m), it said recently. The package includes solar systems at over 50 industrial sites at various industrial properties throughout the provinces of Fujian, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, and also Guangdong.
SP Group's purchase is straightened with the group's approach to promote sustainable development and also help with the decarbonisation of the industrial industry. The firm plans to wrap up the procurement of the remaining 70 MWp by the middle of the year.
"This procurement is part of SP Group's long-lasting commitment to support China's clean energy expansion and also enhance our sustainable energy services portfolio," said Michael Zhong, handling director China at SP Group.
The PV plants will certainly have a consolidated output of more than 150 GWh each year, which will aid offset some 88,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions each year.
SP Group has electricity and gas transmission as well as circulation businesses in Singapore as well as Australia as well as offers lasting energy remedies in Singapore, China, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Polish solar market to reach 27GW in 2025
- Multiplying Solar as well as Battery Manufacturing Facilities Placed Net Zero in Closer Reach
- JinkoSolar Subsidiary to Construct 56 GW Manufacturing Facility in China
- WATT to install 5.6 MW of solar arrays for significant bank in Nigeria
- Residential solar battery maker Sonnen doubles manufacturing capacity