Tongwei boosts cell costs for second time in a month as poly prices borders upwards
- Solar supplier Tongwei boosted the rates of its cells for the second time in a month on Monday, with polysilicon rates also edging upwards today.
While the cost of mono PERC 158.75 mm cells stayed unchanged from previous rates at RMB1.12/ W (US$ 0.17 c/W), rates for 166mm and also 210mm cells increased by RMB0.03 and also RMB0.02 respectively.
This brand-new rate adjustment, provided by Tongwei on 30 August 2021, stands for the second time the supplier has actually boosted its prices in less than a month, having actually formerly increased prices on 12 August.
Full pricing details can be seen listed below.
|Cell size||Price/W (RMB) 30 June||Price/W (RMB) 12 August||Price/W (RMB 30 August|
The listed below chart also shows the fluctuation of cell rates from Tongwei because the start of 2021.
Solar cell pricing from Tongwei from 25 January 2020 to 30 August 2021
On the other hand, polysilicon rates have actually approached once again this week. Market sources in China state that domestic silicon chips marketed in the range of RMB205-- 211/kg in the previous week, with an ordinary transaction price of RMB209.1/ kg, a boost of around 1.6% week-on-week.
- LONGi to develop 20GW solar module project in Anhui in most current capacity development
- As US Continues Pressure On Chinese Manufacturers, Solar Growth Stalls
- Modules becoming more powerful however witness increasing failure rates in 'year of successes' for PVEL's Module Reliability Scorecard
- Trina Solar Lays Claim To Second Rank As Module Supplier Globally
- Eight solar suppliers picked for further scrutiny in AD/CVD investigation