Swindon hails flagship 30MW battery storage project
- Independent battery power storage space system (BESS) asset manager Still Waters Green Technology (SWGT) has actually acquired Swindon Borough Council's 30MW Mannington project.
The website will currently be created collectively by council possessed Public Power Solutions (PPS) as well as SWGT, as well as will certainly see 25-container all-in-one Lithium Ion BESS incorporated remedies set up.
PPS first gained planning consent for the subsidy-free energy storage space project that is readied to provide 65GWh of yearly import as well as export ability to the national grid in 2018.
Bernie Brannan, managing supervisor, PPS, said the firm was pleased to be relocating forwards thanks to the arrangement with SWGT.
" Battery storage is playing an increasingly vital role in the UK's power framework as more and more renewable energy projects are coming online. This project will certainly aid the Borough in its initiatives to 'develop back greener' boosting the neighborhood financial healing, offer an earnings for Swindon Borough Council, and also add to the decarbonisation of the UK's power sector."
The Mannington BESS will play a key role in helping Swindon come to be carbon neutral, supporting eco-friendly assimilation as well as grid security by helping to provide adaptability to Scottish and also Southern Electricity Network with participation in the capacity, frequency reaction and also grid balancing programs.
Olivia He, primary investment officer at SWGT included that the project was testament to the strength of the power shift, which was being sustained by "innovation and a solid hunger for renewable resource from financiers."
" It develops a strong structure for SWGT's growth ambition as well as vision to end up being the leading UK renewable energy enroller, supporting the integration of low-carbon power generation locally and worldwide. We wish to say thanks to all the stakeholders' assistance in PPS and SBC who contributed to the success of the inaugural stage of the project, especially throughout this challenging time with COVID-19."
A number of councils are aiming to battery storage to secure neighborhood grids as well as provide additional resources of profits, with South Somerset District Council leading with the UK's biggest council possessed BESS. It recently announced that it was to develop a 2nd site, with the 40MW center situated near Fareham in Hampshire set to open in 2022.
- Sonnen Introduces the sonnenCore, a brand-new all-in-one, affordable home battery for each residence
- Southwest Georgia's Hickory Park solar + storage space project under construction
- Gore Street seeks to expand Republic of Ireland battery storage portfolio capacity approximately 180MW
- Equinor, Hydro, Panasonic discover battery options
- Australia's Leanings Towards Battery Storage Space Over New Transmission