Sungrow Products 21 MWh Solar-plus-Storage Plant in Japan
- Sungrow, a leading inverter option supplier for renewables, has actually introduced that a 21 MWh utility-scale solar-plus-storage project powered by the Firm in Hokkaido, Japan, has been readily functional considering that December 2020, demonstrating the continued initiatives in increasing profit from solar power and decarbonising the Japanese economic situation under the FiT motivations.
The project occupies around 85 hectares in the most north of Japan's major islands, Hokkaido, which has seen the prolific implementation of renewable resource. Sungrow provided both PV inverters as well as energy storage space systems (ESS) to the aforementioned spots plant. The turnkey energy storage system integrates DC-DC converters, NCM batteries as well as BCP. The system utilizes DC-coupling, eliminating conversion losses while boosting effectiveness. The batteries smooth the power generated, enabling it to be integrated right into the grid more effectively. The containerized option is simple for transport, installation as well as O&M. The durable layout makes it resilient and weather-resistant, specifically essential in Hokkaido where the temperature level can be lower than -35 degrees Celsius. Especially, with PV inverter as well as energy storage system both provided by Sungrow, convenient devices conformity and O&M are made sure.
Solar farms in Japan had a high FiT price but a minimal capability to sell the energy right into the grid. The project is having 6 MWdc PV capability, while AC link to the grid is restricted to simply 845kWac, that makes energy storage an excellent option enabling power to be fed right into the grid 24 hr a day. It will generate 7,050,000 kWh each year, entitling the FiT of JPY 21 per kilowatt-hour, powering 1,958 households as well as offsetting carbon dioxide of 3,577 tonnes annually.
"As one of the countries with one of the most strict grid codes, Japan offers us lots of chances as well as challenges. We value the ongoing trust fund of companions like Blue Power Energy and also highly think that we'll build much more endeavors in the near future in both PV and energy storage sectors," stated Sun Xiao, Country Supervisor of Sungrow Japan.
Considering that the entrance to Japan market in 2014, Sungrow has actually established an industry-leading local team offering sales, technological assistance as well as after-sale solution customized to varied demands. As one of minority business that can provide both PV as well as energy storage services, Sungrow is introducing a larger series of innovations partnering with international partners to make energy much more lucrative, obtainable and lasting.
- Catalyze acquires C&I solar designer PermaCity to get to pipe of greater than 2GW
- AGL and Wärtsilä Collaborate on Hybrid Energy Project
- Global Energy Services breaks ground on 131MWp of Spanish solar
- Queens Landlord Will Full Borough's Largest Residential Solar Energy Project by End of 2021
- Photon, Canadian Solar swap project rights in 580 MWp of Aussie solar