Sono introduces development with solar car development
- German solar-powered car firm Sono Group (NASDAQ: SEV) is already servicing the building and construction of 37 series-validation devices of its very first solar electric vehicle (SEV) which is expected to get in series manufacturing in 2023.
The fleet of 37 generation 3 vehicles includes 16 total cars and 21 test structures. The screening, validation and also certification of the car, referred to as Sion, will happen in the coming months, Sono Motors stated on Monday.
The series-validation cars are made from series elements as well as represent the intended last design, which was developed previously this year and also will be revealed in the summer season of 2022.
The electric car with solar panels incorporated into its body will be tested under severe problems in Europe and the United States to optimize the solar modern technology, safeguarding, as well as driving dynamics. Sono claimed that collision tests are likewise part of the plan.
"The fleet of validation vehicles now follows our successful second generation prototype programme and also paves the way for prepared series production following year" said co-founder and also chief executive Jona Christians.
During the series validation, Sono Motors will certainly partner with Thyssenkrupp Automotive Body Solutions and also vehicle vendor Betrandt AG (ETR: BDT) which have proficiency in automobile design as well as will offer the essential framework and also capacity to assemble the examination cars.
The Sion car will be provided at a gross cost of EUR 28,500 (USD 31,235) and will have 458 seamlessly incorporated solar half-cells which will certainly expand the variety of the 54-kWh battery by approximately 112 kilometres (69.59 mi) per week.
Last November, the Munich-based firm increased USD 150 million (EUR 136.8 m) in a going public (IPO) on the NASDAQ stock exchange to finance the development of the car.
- Solar trees could soon be charging your car
- Sono Motors firms apply for protective shield and also self-administration procedures
- Importing EV Charger from China: A Guide to Far Power Up
- Tesla's new Texas lithium refinery to support 1M electric vehicles by 2025
- Kaneka's high-performance solar modules made use of in Toyota All-New Prius PHEV