Solar Boats Shimmering on Chilika Lake: OREDA Tender
- Deploy zero-emission solar boats on Chilika Lake! OREDA has issued a tender for up to 20-seater boats with comprehensive O&M, plus charging and battery management solutions. Bid before Jan 30. Tests and trials included.
Odisha Renewable Energy Development Agency (OREDA) has issued a tender to deploy solar boats in Chilika Lake. Eligible parties can submit their bids till Jan 30. Solar boats will be 20-seater zero-emission boats and will come with comprehensive Operations and Maintenance (O&M). The successful bidder shall provide the shore charging station and battery management system for the boats. The module mounting structures must be designed to be completely non-invasive on the rooftop space. Tests and trials will be conducted to check the boat's speed, manoeuvring, endurance and other capabilities.
Will Solar Boats Impact Chilika Lake?
The following are additional ways in which Solar Boats will impact Chilika Lake:
- Solar boats will reduce the environmental impact of traditional fuel powered boats, contributing to a cleaner, healthier lake, and overall environment.
- Solar boats will help reduce air and water pollution, improve water quality, and reduce the risk of waterborne illnesses in Chilika Lake.
- Solar boats can be used to transport people, goods, and services, providing a more efficient and cost-effective way of getting around.
- Solar boats can help bolster Chilika Lake's tourism industry as a greener and more sustainable form of transport.
- Solar boats can help reduce the strain on the lake's resources by reducing fuel consumption and protecting the lake's fragile ecosystems.
- Solar boats can provide an alternative form of transportation in the lake and surrounding areas, providing more access for people who may not have access to traditional forms of transportation.
- GoSun's ELCAT: The Affordable Solar Electric Boat You Need
- Revolutionizing Solar Power: Lightweight Panels Transforming the Industry
- Electrifying Australian Trucks: The Key to Slashing Transport Emissions
- Squad Mobility's Solar-Powered EV: A Dream for Crowded Cities
- Electric Trailers: Tesla Alums Shake Up RVing