Residential solar growth boosts Italy's Q1 solar additions
- Italy brought online 1,058 MW of solar photovoltaic or pv (PV) parks in the very first quarter of 2023, getting to a cumulative set up capacity of over 26,100 MW, reveals data released by the domestic solar power association Italia Solare.
The overall quarterly additions are practically equal to the combined capacity attached to the grid in the first 2 quarters of 2022 when 1,012 MW of solar farms started procedures. More than half of the new installations were plants of less than 20 kW, which accounted for 647 MW. With 569 MW mounted, the domestic section, in which plants of approximately 12 kW in size are set up, was a significant vehicle driver, boosting implementations by 239% on the year.
Plants with capacities ranging between 20 kW and 1 MW were responsible for 289 MW of the total amount and also stood for a 126% year-on-year increase, while the above-1-MW group brought 123 MW.
By region, Lombardia was the location with the largest portion of new setups-- 190 MW in total. Veneto, Emilia Romagna and also Piedmont followed with 169 MW, 118 MW as well as 106 MW, specifically.
At the end of March 2023, Italy had 26,106 MW of solar capacity originating from 1.22 million plants. The nationwide objective asks for reaching 50 GW by the end of the decade.
- Indonesia: USD 2.6m Loan Powers Shizen JV's Rooftop Solar
- 90MW Brazilian Solar Projects Energized by Trina Solar
- BNDES: Investing in Brazil's 902MW Solar Complex
- SB Energy's $1.9B Solar Projects: Biden Tax Credits Boost US Manufacturing
- SB Energy Funds 1.3GW Solar Portfolio with IRA Domestic Content