Renew Power aided India stay clear of 10 million statistics lots carbon emissions says its 'Sustainability Report'
- ReNew Power, with 100% of its generation from renewable energy sources, helped avoid 0.5% of India's carbon emissions and 1.1% of the emissions from the power sector.
- ReNew avoids carbon emissions which are 200 times its scope 1 and 2 emissions.
- 400,000 lives impacted across 200+ villages in 9 Indian states through community development initiatives in FY 20-21.
ReNew Power (" ReNew" or "the Company"), India's leading renewable energy company, today revealed that it assisted India avoid 10 million metric lots of carbon emissions, in its just recently released sustainability report for FY20-21. The report, prepared according to Global Reporting Initiative's (GRI) sustainability reporting standards has been assured by an around the world distinguished assurance company, DNV GL Business Assurance India Private Limited (DNV). The report highlights ReNew Power's success throughout the three essential columns of Setting, Society and Governance (ESG).
Highlights of the report include:
- Throughout the reporting year, ReNew Power's commitment to ecological stewardship helped India avoid 0.5% of its Environment-friendly Home Gas (GHG) discharges, contributing substantially towards India's quest to accomplish the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC) as promised by the Government of India under the Paris contract.
- By creating power via clean power, ReNew assisted the power sector avoid 1.1% of its GHG emissions. ReNew's stayed clear of discharges were more than 200 times that of its scope 1 & 2 discharges.
- The company has been seriously checking its water impact as well as has conserved over 66,000 kiloliters of water by deploying robot cleaning of solar panels.
- ReNew has carried out actions to enhance diversity and also inclusion focused on boosting the gender ratio in the Company. The Company has actually likewise obtained the Great Place to Work acknowledgment two times and has actually been identified amongst the most effective companies in India in the group this past year by Great Place to Work (GPTW).
- Financial contributions towards power access, water preservation, COVID relief, ladies empowerment as well as community development helped over 400,000 individuals across 200+ villages in 9 states.
- ReNew Power remains to reinforce its governance systems and is amongst the first companies in the field to introduce a 'Lasting Supply Chain Structure.' Under this framework, ReNew will certainly screen its distributors on aspects such as civils rights, minimum earnings and also required and kid labour among others.
- ReNew's governance standards go beyond requirements for global international listed entities on Nasdaq and has a majority independent as well as sex diverse Board.
Speaking on the celebration, Sumant Sinha, Founder, Chairman and also Chief Executive Officer, ReNew Power said, "ReNew Power's sustainability report is an account of our success in accordance with our vision of leading India's power shift from fossil fuels to tidy energy. Our sustainability report plainly outlines just how India's setting is favorably impacted through our activities. Sustainability is central to our service as well as ReNew Power's objective is to play a pivotal role in conference India's expanding power requirements in an efficient, sustainable, as well as socially responsible manner."
Ms. Vaishali Nigam Sinha, Chief Sustainability Officer and Chair ReNew Foundation claimed, "The sustainability report comes at a critical juncture as the world is realizing the dangers of climate change as well as the importance of shared responsibility. At ReNew Power, we are devoted to going the extra mile with all relevant stakeholders to create a better society and also far better planet. ReNew's development over the past decade is a statement to the fact that companies with a function can offer great value to their shareholders and also financiers."
- 10 Asian solar markets have 1GW+ pipes as continent dominates project advancement: Fitch
- Renewables Readiness Assessment: The Republic of Tunisia
- Tracking SDG 7: The Energy Progress Report (2021)
- Leading 10 Polysilicon Rankings for 2020- The Future To be 90 Percent China
- IEA: governments must prepare for 'looming' surge in resources need