Plug Power unveils 120-MW green hydrogen project in California
- US-based turnkey hydrogen options supplier Plug Power Inc (NASDAQ: PLUG) plans to build the largest environment-friendly hydrogen production center on the west shore in the state of California, depending on the output of a new 300-MW solar farm.
The facility will be constructed in Fresno County and will use 120 MW of Plug Power's very own PEM electrolysers to split water into hydrogen and oxygen. It will certainly create 30 tonnes of fluid green hydrogen a day to serve consumers from San Diego to Vancouver, the announcement says.
The project also involves developing a new tertiary wastewater treatment plant in the city of Mendota. The whole scheme could be required to the building and construction stage in very early 2023 as well as be performed completely in early 2024.
Plug Power did not share details concerning the new solar farm.
This new facility in California will certainly develop part of Plug Power's expanding nationwide network of plants in New York, Tennessee and also Georgia that will supply 500 tonnes of fluid environment-friendly hydrogen daily by 2025. The firm said that when the network is fully developed, it will certainly offer transport gas to customers that is price-competitive with diesel.
- Oracle, PowerChina to check out 400-MW green H2 project in Pakistan
- Chariot, Mauritania sign MoU for prospective 10-GW green hydrogen project
- PV-generated hydrogen cost projected to go down to EUR0.7 as well as EUR1.8/ kg by 2030
- EnerVenue to make use of most current financing to construct gigawatt-scale nickel-hydrogen battery factory in U.S.A.
- 20MW UK green hydrogen project obtains financing