Naturgy Partners with LONGi for Massive Solar Project in Spain
- Renewables developer Naturgy partners with LONGi for solar modules in Spain, showcasing their ambition for renewables and the efficiency of LONGi's technology in competing with traditional power sources.
Renewables developer Naturgy has placed an order with photovoltaic module producer LONGi for the supply of solar modules for its upcoming projects in Spain. LONGi will deliver just over one million modules from its Hi-MO 5 series, with a total output volume of 574MW. The modules will be installed in four project locations across Spain, in the regions of Castilla-La Mancha, Extremadura, and Andalusia. The modules feature a 21.3% efficiency rate and LONGi's gallium-doped technology, which reduces light-induced degradation and extends power generation in Spain's high heat and solar irradiance conditions.
Naturgy's Managing Director of Renewables, New Business and Innovation, Jorge Barredo, stated that the scale of the agreement with LONGi reflects Naturgy's ambition for renewables in Spain this year. He also highlighted the efficiency and durability of LONGi's solar technology, which is crucial for expanding photovoltaics in Spain and competing with traditional power sources. All five projects are expected to receive module shipments this year.
What is the significance of Naturgy's order with LONGi for solar modules in Spain?
- The order placed by Naturgy with LONGi for solar modules in Spain is significant for several reasons:
- The order includes just over one million modules from LONGi's Hi-MO 5 series, indicating the scale of Naturgy's ambition for renewables in Spain this year.
- The total output volume of the modules is 574MW, which will contribute significantly to Spain's renewable energy capacity.
- The modules will be installed in four project locations across Spain, in the regions of Castilla-La Mancha, Extremadura, and Andalusia, further diversifying the country's renewable energy portfolio.
- The modules feature a high efficiency rate of 21.3%, which is crucial for maximizing power generation and increasing the competitiveness of solar energy compared to traditional power sources.
- LONGi's gallium-doped technology, incorporated in the modules, reduces light-induced degradation and extends power generation, making them suitable for Spain's high heat and solar irradiance conditions.
- The order signifies Naturgy's commitment to expanding photovoltaics in Spain and transitioning towards cleaner and more sustainable energy sources.
- The module shipments are expected to be received this year, indicating the rapid progress and implementation of Naturgy's renewable energy projects in Spain.
- Pahal Solar's Gujarat Factory to Double PV Module Capacity
- Slovakia and Sekisui Chemical Partner to Revolutionize Solar Technology
- Qcells and SOLARCYCLE Join Forces to Create Circular Solar Economy
- US Solar Manufacturer CubicPV Abandons 10GW Plant Amidst Collapsing Prices
- Recom's Lion 450-W: The Game-Changing All-Black Solar Module