Naturgy cuts sod on 150 MW of solar projects in Spain
- Spanish power as well as gas energy Naturgy Energy Group SA (BME: NTGY) will certainly spend EUR 70 million (USD 74.3 m) in the construction of 3 solar farms in the region of Extremadura, western Spain, the business said on Wednesday as it began on the projects.
The new solar farms, El Encinar I, Los Naipes I and Los Naipes II, will each have 50 MW of mounted capacity. With each other, they will can producing around 315 GWh of electrical energy annually.
The project sites are located in Badajoz, among the largest municipalities in Spain. Naturgy said it had coordinate work with the grid connection with 3 other project promoters in the area, which together will establish 17 solar PV plants.
The partnership with other marketers spawned a research project along with the University of Extremadura targeted at researches of results of solar PV activities on local plant and also animal life and soil, Naturgy claimed.
By the end of the year, Naturgy will certainly have nine renewable energy projects in operation, growth or unfinished in Extremadura. Among these are two wind farms, the currently operational Merengue and also its sister project Merengue II, which is scheduled to go online in the third quarter of 2023. Various other projects are for solar PV farms.
- Silicon Ranch flips activate 3.25-MW Tennessee solar project
- Green light for 150-MW solar PV project in Montenegro
- Oman awards 500-MW solar project to S Korea's KOWEPO
- Solar + storage microgrid will support rice processing facility in Arkansas
- TotalEnergies to install solar + storage project at Colorado cement manufacturing facility