Hawaiian utility assigns 460 MW of PV as well as 3 GWh of storage space in renewable resource purchase
- Champions of the island state's biggest ever renewable resource purchase include AES, Hanwha, Engie, EDF, Longroad.
Last month, Hawaiian Electric called the winning tasks in its largest ever renewable resource procurement-- 460 MW of solar energy and also virtually 3 GWh of power storage on Oahu, Maui as well as Hawaii.
This week, the Hawaiian utility uploaded the names and disclosed the winning companies and also groups that will certainly establish this historic procurement-- a 50% bump to the complete solar megawatts on the Hawaiian Electric system. The name, place, developer, innovation, size as well as estimated conclusion days are noted on the Hawaiian Electric sustainable task condition board.
Oahu will add eight new solar-plus-storage tasks and one stand-alone storage task totaling 287 MW of PV as well as 1.8 GWh of storage. The tasks include:
- Hanwha Energy's 60-MW/240-MWh solar-linked battery system.
- Onyx Development (possessed by Blackstone) won a bid for a 6.6-MW/ 26.4-MWh battery job.
- Longroad Power won its bid for a 120-MW/480-MWh system.
- AES won a bid for a 30-MW/240-MWh system paired with a 46-MW solar plant.
On Maui Island, 3 solar-plus-storage jobs and one standalone task will certainly bring 100 MW of generation as well as 560 MWh of storage space capacity. Tasks consist of:
- HECO proposed as well as won a "self-build" job for a 40-megawatt/160-MWh system.
- Bright Canyon Power will develop a 42-MW/168-MWh battery related to 42 MW of solar.
On Hawaii, 2 solar-plus-storage tasks and also a stand-alone storage space task are on the way. Projects include:
- HECO recommended as well as won a "self-build" task for a 12-MW/12-MWh system on Hawaii.
- Engie The United States and Canada won a quote to develop a 60 MW/240 MWh PV and battery plant.
- EDF Renewables The United States and Canada won a proposal to develop a 60 MW/240 MWh PV and battery system.
Kauai accomplished 56% renewable resource generation in 2019, as well as has actually logged greater than 440 hrs at 100% renewable resource since the beginning of 2020. The island is expected to reach more than 60% sustainable generation by the end of the year, when the AES PMRF solar-plus-storage job is finished.
In a recent piece for pv magazine, Allison Hilliard as well as Will Giese outlined that, also on the most affordable end, every MW of utility-scale solar generated produces 3.3 work, while the number can obtain as high as 21.9/ MW for industrial setups and also 38.7 per MW for property. With $21.39 per hr being the base salary for an entry level solar installer in Hawaii, this procurement will directly aid those who have lost employment during the pandemic.
Hawaiian Electric predicts that its system will certainly reach 31% eco-friendly generation by this December, and might get to 50% by year-end 2022.