France Awards 378 MW in C&I Solar Tender
Aug 29, 2023 04:07 PM ET
- France's C&I rooftop PV applications have been awarded 860+ MW since 2017, demonstrating the country's commitment to sustainable energy goals.
France has now awarded more than 860 MW of rooftop PV for C&I applications since the call for tenders was launched in 2017.
How Much PV Has France Awarded C&I Applications?
- France has been granted a total of 860 MW of rooftop PV for C&I applications since 2017.
- This amounts to more than €1 billion in investments for the sector.
- France is now the world’s largest rooftop PV market for C&I applications with more than 200,000 solar systems in operation.
- The call for tenders was focused on companies with less than 250 MW of capacity and a maximum guaranteed amount of €20 million.
- This was done to promote the development of rooftop PV projects and encourage the entry of new stakeholders in the sector.
- The total capacity awarded in 2017 and 2018 was 709 MW, with a further 151 MW awarded in 2019.
- The call for tenders also provided subsidies for the installation of solar PV systems for a period of 20 years.
- The aim of the subsidies is to reduce the cost of solar energy and make it more competitive with other energy sources.