DOE announced $130 million in solar modern technology projects
- The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) introduced choices for $130 million in brand-new projects to advance solar technologies. DOE will money 67 research study projects throughout 30 states that lower the price of solar, raise U.S. manufacturing competitiveness, and improve the dependability of the nation's electric grid.
In addition to advancing research in PV, focusing solar-thermal power (CSP), and systems combination, the projects in DOE's Solar Energy Technologies Office Fiscal Year 2020 Funding Program include brand-new areas of study in artificial intelligence (AI), hybrid plants, as well as solar with farming.
The department will money 8 projects for PV hardware research with $14 million for that goal to make PV systems last longer and enhance the integrity of planetary systems made of silicon solar cells, along with brand-new innovations like thin-film as well as bifacial solar cells. $39 million will certainly be granted to Heliogen, Inc., which will build and run a supercritical carbon dioxide power cycle that will work as a test website to speed up the commercialization of low-priced CSP plants. 10 research study projects will certainly obtain $34 million to establish durable neighborhood microgrids to maintain power during as well as bring back power after synthetic or natural calamities, improve cybersecurity for PV inverters as well as power systems, as well as develop innovative hybrid plants that run collaboratively with various other resources for boosted integrity and also durability.
Moreover, the DOE will certainly money AI applications in solar power with emphasis on equipment learning to maximize operations and solar forecasting; furthermore developments in hardware manufacturing, solar research studies, PV system style and influences evaluation and also study for farmers and also herdsmans to co-locate solar as well as agriculture, and little cutting-edge projects to progress PV and CSP
- Sonnedix and Amundi companion to purchase European solar properties
- Construction begins on solar glass greenhouse
- Canadian Solar Signs a Total of 862 MWp in Solar PPA with BTG and also Auction with Furnas in Brazil
- Boralex indications $283M offer for managing rate of interests in seven U.S. solar power plants
- These solar panels don't require the sunlight to create energy