Axpo, Sunnic Ink Solar PPA for 39.8 MWp
- Axpo Holding AG signs new PPA with Sunnic Lighthouse GmbH: enjoy 38.4 GWh of renewable electricity annually until 2027! Get the details of this exciting energy deal here.
Axpo Holding AG, a Swiss renewable energy company and energy trader, has signed a new power purchase agreement (PPA) with German developer Enerparc AG’s energy trading unit, Sunnic Lighthouse GmbH, for 39.8 MWp of operational solar farms in Germany. The agreement, which will come into effect on October 1, 2023, will supply Axpo with 38.4 GWh of electricity annually until December 31, 2027. This is the second agreement between Axpo and Sunnic, following a contract in 2020 for 35 GWh of power from Enerparc’s Buettel solar farm in Schleswig-Holstein. It is structured as a pay-as-forecast PPA based on a forecast delivery schedule for each day.
What Benefits Will Axpo Gain From PPA With Sunnic?
- Stabilized pricing throughout the duration of the agreement
- Axpo will gain access to renewable energy with no capital expenditure, allowing for more efficient use of resources
- Improved risk management as a result of the PPA's fixed cost structure
- Reduced volatility in electricity prices through the use of an energy hedging strategy
- Increased energy security from accessing reliable and sustainable energy sources
- Enhanced opportunities for Axpo to expand its portfolio of renewable energy assets