ACME, Norfund Alliance for Renewable Energy In India
- ACME and Norfund will certainly eye investments in 'potential renewable energy' projects in the country to ensure ecologically sustainable development in India.
- Norfund has already committed to purchase some crucial projects in India.
Gurugram headquartered renewable energy player ACME has actually worked together with Norfund-- the Norwegian investment fund-- under which the two business will certainly invest with each other in renewable energy projects in India.
Norfund is the manager of Norwegian Climate Investment Fund (NCIF) and also it buys establishing countries.
Manoj Upadhyay, Founder and Chairman, ACME Group, stated, "I want to give thanks to Norfund for their dedication to creating renewable energy projects in India with us." Upadhyay said that ACME and also Norfund will certainly eye investments in 'potential renewable energy' projects in the country to ensure ecologically sustainable development and also creation of ample employment opportunities.
Incidentally, Norwegian firm SCATEC as well as Acme had postponed a $400 million plan to develop a 900 MW project in Rajasthan owing to supply side issues.
Mark Davis, Executive Vice President, Clean Energy, Norfund, pointed out, "Tried and tested track record of ACME of being able to deliver on large-scale renewables makes the business an excellent partner for Norfund in our efforts to add to avoiding carbon emission by buying the energy transition in India. We are anticipating working carefully together while to find."
Earlier this month, independent power producers ReNew Power stated that Norfund and KLP will spend around Rs 900 million in collaboration with ReNew Power for 49% possession stake in ReNew's transmission project in the Koppal area of Karnataka state in a bid to maintain the grid as well as transport energy from areas most appropriate for solar and also wind parks.
Operational given that May 2022, Norfund had additionally made two previous investments in India-- in a large-scale solar park with Enel and also in Fourth Partner Energy. In August, 2022, Norfund agreed with Italy-based energy provider Enel to take a 49% risk in its 420 MW solar power plant in Rajasthan.
The fund had actually just recently revealed that it would be investing over $60 million in the Indian solar energy player SAEL that would certainly help it to swell its energy portfolio to 3 GW by 2028 that would certainly additionally consist of a boost of 200 MW of solar power.
- Photon Energy boosts green bond issue to EUR 80m
- Brazil clears 100 MW of solar projects from Oct 14 tender
- Birch Creek purchases United States solar, storage space platform with 5-GW pipeline
- Agilitas Energy Acquires Texas Energy Storage Systems Portfolio for $75 Million
- Nextracker to Supply 810 MW Solar Trackers to United States Solar & Storage Projects