200MW Murcia Solar: TotalEnergies & Soltec Forge Ahead
- TotalEnergies and Soltec have achieved a major milestone with their solar project in Spain. With 337,174 bifacial photovoltaic modules and 5341 solar trackers, the Luminora Solar Dos project will bring 2200 jobs and energy savings to the local towns. Studies by TotalEnergies, UAM and CTFC to reduce environmental impact are also underway.
TotalEnergies and Soltec have achieved an important milestone in their solar project in Murcia, Spain by obtaining the construction authorization. The project, called Luminora Solar Dos, will feature 337,174 bifacial photovoltaic module and 5341 solar trackers, which will create 2200 jobs, both direct and indirect, during its construction phase. Environmental protection measures and initiatives such as installation of self-consumption solutions and measures to reduce energy bills for local towns will be implemented. Moreover, studies by TotalEnergies, UAM and CTFC are also being conducted to minimise the impact of solar generation on the environment.
What Milestone Has TotalEnergies & Soltec Reached in Murcia?
- The project will have a power output of 666 MW and will cover an area of 460 hectares.
- It will generate enough energy for over 100,000 households in Murcia.
- The solar farm will reduce the carbon footprint of the region by over 400,000 tons of CO2 emissions annually.
- The project has the approval of the Ministry of Ecological Transition and the Demographic Challenge of the Government of Spain.
- TotalEnergies and Soltec are investing over €500 million in the project.
- The project is expected to be completed by June 2021.
- The solar farm will be connected to the electrical grid by a 220kV connection line.
- TotalEnergies will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the solar farm.
- The project will create new job opportunities in the region and help reduce the electricity bills of local towns.