Sunmaxx PVT and Oxford PV Launch Solar Hammer Module

Jun 24, 2024 06:32 PM ET
  • Introducing the groundbreaking "Solar Hammer" module, boasting an impressive 80% total conversion efficiency and set to revolutionize the solar industry in Europe.

Sunmaxx PVT and Oxford PV have introduced the “Solar Hammer” module, which combines perovskite-on-silicon tandem solar cells with thermal management technology to achieve a total conversion efficiency of 80%. The module boasts an electrical efficiency of 26.6% and a thermal efficiency of 53.4%, with an overall efficiency of 80% on an aperture area level of 1.63 m2. The module's electrical power of 433 W surpasses the previous record set by Fraunhofer ISE.

The technology is expected to be commercialized within the next 12 to 18 months, with Oxford PV supplying the cells from their manufacturing line in Brandenburg an der Havel and Sunmaxx producing the modules at their factory in Ottendorf-Okrilla. The partnership aims to accelerate the energy transition and position Europe's solar industry as a leader in commercializing high-efficiency solar technologies.

What is the efficiency of the new "Solar Hammer" module by Sunmaxx PVT and Oxford PV?

  • The "Solar Hammer" module by Sunmaxx PVT and Oxford PV has a total conversion efficiency of 80%
  • The module has an electrical efficiency of 26.6% and a thermal efficiency of 53.4%
  • The overall efficiency of the module is achieved on an aperture area level of 1.63 m2
  • The module's electrical power output is 433 W, surpassing the previous record set by Fraunhofer ISE
  • The technology is expected to be commercialized within the next 12 to 18 months
  • Oxford PV will supply the cells from their manufacturing line in Brandenburg an der Havel
  • Sunmaxx will produce the modules at their factory in Ottendorf-Okrilla
  • The partnership aims to accelerate the energy transition and position Europe's solar industry as a leader in commercializing high-efficiency solar technologies.

SOLAR DIRECTORY
Solar Installers, Manufacturers