Rivals GCL-Poly and also LONGi indicator major polysilicon pact
- The solar sector's two largest ventures, GCL and LONGi have actually authorized a significant polysilicon supply deal, the very first time the competitors have actually entered into a significant business deal with each other.
Major polysilicon manufacturer GCL-Poly Energy Holdings is set to supply all of LONGi's seven monocrystalline ingot/wafer subsidiaries with a total of 91,400 MT of polysilicon from March 2021 through throughout of 2023.
Existing average market value of top-quality polysilicon have reached virtually US$ 14.0/ kg, greater than dual rates seen in 2019. At existing costs the supply bargain would set you back LONGi roughly RMB7.328 billion (US$ 1.13 billion).
In a different economic declaration, GCL-Poly said that the polysilicon procurement contract with LONGi's subsidiaries would consist of the supply of its Fluidized Bed Reactor (FBR) 'Granular' polysilicon, without mentioning any certain quantities.
Nonetheless, GCL-Poly had actually individually mentioned that it had actually efficiently increased FBR manufacturing from 6,000 MT to an intended 10,000 MT with pureness degrees in-line with p-type mono ingot/wafer top quality requires, according to the firm.
LONGi is the biggest mono wafer manufacturer in the PV industry and also is targeting a collection of ability growths to fulfill expanding need for its wafers along with support its in-house PV module production targets of about 50GW in 2021.
The firm declared it reached over 20GW of PV module deliveries at the end of November 2020 and also has anticipated for complete deliveries in 2020 to vary from 24GW to 26GW.
- 1Komma5 poised to save Meyer Burger's German module plant
- Pahal Solar's Gujarat Factory to Double PV Module Capacity
- Slovakia and Sekisui Chemical Partner to Revolutionize Solar Technology
- Qcells and SOLARCYCLE Join Forces to Create Circular Solar Economy
- US Solar Manufacturer CubicPV Abandons 10GW Plant Amidst Collapsing Prices