TSEC Begins Trial Manufacturing of New 500 MW Solar Cell Line in Taiwan
- The brand-new line is currently running with a yearly capability of 400 MW.
- TSEC invested TWD 900 million ($32.2 million) in the new assembly line, which increased the company's total solar cell ability to 1 GW.
TSEC, a Taiwan-based solar cell and module manufacturer, has actually introduced the start of its trial production of a brand-new 500 MW solar cell line at its Yuanjing manufacturing facility in Taiwan.
The company has claimed that the new line is currently running with a yearly capability of 400 MW. It is expected to create cells with wafers gauging in between 8 to 12 inches, which would certainly enable the producer to produce more powerful modules with a power result of as much as 700 W. The production center was deployed at the end of March.
TSEC spent TWD 900 million ($32.2 million) in the new production line, which elevated the firm's total solar cell ability to 1 GW.
Many new renewable resource projects have been revealed in Taiwan this year, consisting of Taiwan Cement (TCC) investing US$ 350 million to build an extremely battery factory in Kaohsiung, the biggest city in southern Taiwan, and Ecolohas Energy Technology developing smart as well as environment-friendly homes in the country.
Furthermore, RE firm Total authorized a contract in April to get a 23 percent passion in Yunlin Holding GmbH, the owner of Yunlin offshore wind ranch situated off the coast of Taiwan, about 200 kilometers southwest of Taipei. International offshore wind leader Ørsted has actually also begun full-scale offshore building activities of the 900 MW Greater Changhua 1 & 2a overseas wind ranches in Taiwan.
The nation plans to produce 20% of its energy from renewable energy by 2025, up from 5% in 2020, an objective which is backed by the Four-year Wind Power Promotion Plan and also Two-year Solar PV Promotion Plan. Complying with these projects, the capacity of renewable power is anticipated to get to 26.9 gigawatts within five years.
Back in October 2015, TSEC announced aspirations to raise its production ability from 800 MW to in between 1.5 as well as 1.6 GW. Since then, however, the Taiwanese solar industry has experienced very difficult times as a result of strong stress on costs and also strong competitors from other Oriental suppliers.
- The sunlight that powers solar panels additionally damages them ... yet 'gallium doping' is providing a service
- First Solar Register For Make in India With 3.3 GW Production center in India
- Cell Propulsion Launches Li-ion Battery Facility in Bengaluru
- Unigreen Energy begins on gigawatt HJT factory
- First Solar unveils India module production facility plans