Southwest Georgia's Hickory Park solar + storage space project under construction
- RWE Renewables introduced that its Hickory Park Solar project, a 195.5-megawatt (MWac) center combined with a 40-MW 2-hour battery storage system, situated in Mitchell County, Georgia, is unfinished. RWE is operator/manager of the solar center, selling the power and eco-friendly attributes from the center to Georgia Power with its Renewable Energy Development Initiative program. The project is expected to be on the internet in late 2021.
The company introduced in November 2019 that it had entered into a 30-year power acquisition agreement (PPA) with Georgia Power, a capitalist owned public utility that offers greater than 2.6 million consumers.
When complete, the Hickory Park solar energy plant will interconnect more than 650,000 solar panels, which with each other will cover an area of regarding 1,800 acres. The combination of a cutting edge DC-coupled storage system will enable the project's energy yield to be enhanced and also enhance the predictability of shot into the Georgia Power grid.
" We are very delighted to have a project of this dimension in Georgia under construction," claimed Silvia Ortin, COO Onshore Wind and also Solar PV Americas.
" We are excited regarding this new financial boost for our neighborhood," said Paige Gilchrist, Executive Director of the Mitchell County Development Authority. "RWE's significant financial investment will create brand-new tax obligation bucks for our area along with generate numerous construction employees who will be spending money right here, for that reason raising our neighborhood sales tax obligation. "
Along with Hickory Park, RWE possesses and also operates West of the Pecos solar project, a 100-MW (a/c) project located in Reeves County, Texas. Furthermore, RWE has substantial experience in the U.S. onshore market with more than 4.2 GW (RWE's ad valorem share is about 3.6 GW) of onshore wind. On top of that, RWE has, currently, nearly 1 GW of onshore wind ranches incomplete in the U.S. The projects are located in Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio as well as New York State.
- Iberdrola enhances environment-friendly hydrogen aspirations with Spanish electrolyser offer
- Hawaiian Electric recommends solar projects on Molokai and also Lanai
- Kent State University in Ohio starts adding solar projects to all six local universities
- Canadian Solar Signs a Total of 862 MWp in Solar PPA with BTG and also Auction with Furnas in Brazil
- IFC as well as EBA to fund solar photovoltaic watering