Meyer Burger extends solar cell growth cooperation in Switzerland
- German solar innovation company Meyer Burger Technology AG (SWX: MBTN) recently revealed an expansion for an additional three years of its solar technology collaboration with Swiss r & d centre CSEM.
The joint collaborate with the CSEM Photovoltaic Center has until now resulted in solar cells on common industrial wafers with a performance of 25.4% manufactured at the Meyer Burger Research Center. This is among the highest possible outcomes reported on industrial wafer to day, Meyer Burger noted.
The information comes as the German firm is working on its makeover right into a PV module manufacturer, having previously in 2020 safeguarded PV cell and component production centers in Germany. Production is set to start in the initial fifty percent of 2021.
"We are very delighted to proceed our collaboration with CSEM. They have actually supported us considerably in the growth of our proprietary Heterojunction/SmartWire innovation and made a vital contribution to the additional commercialisation of our modern technology," stated president Gunter Erfurt.
- Little particles can hold the trick to enhancing the performance of natural solar cells
- A technique for changing abject perovskite in solar cells making them recyclable
- Reliable and resilient perovskite solar cell products
- IIT Madras Establishes Solar-Powered Survey Craft for Indian Ports as well as Rivers
- Researchers understand framework of promising battery materials