Maire, Mytilineos Conduct Joint Feasibilty Research on Green H2 Plant in Italy
- In a joint declaration launched yesterday, Italy-based Maire Tecnimont's subsidiary NextChem and also Greece-based MYTILINEOS' Renewable and Storage Development Business Unit (RSD BU) announced their finalizing of an arrangement to with each other perform an expediency research for the development of an eco-friendly hydrogen plant in Italy.
NextChem is Maire Tecnimont's subsidiary operating in the field of eco-friendly chemistry and also technologies for power shift.
MYTILINEOS, through its RSD BU, is a market leader in the development, construction and also procedure of utility-scale solar and also hybrid power projects with a proven track record of over 1 GW of medium to big scale solar projects around the world as well as battery storage setups.
The business said that under the agreement, the RSD BU will take advantage of NextChem as well as Maire Tecnimont Group's know-how and also engineering expertise in hydrogen modern technologies to grow in the hydrogen business.
The project, which will certainly transform renewable energy from one of MYTILINEOS' solar plants right into green hydrogen, to be complied with by other plants as well, intends to offer neighborhood off-takers with a carbon neutral energy carrier alternative that might permit reliable decarbonization consisting of in hard-to-abate commercial markets.
Pierroberto Folgiero, CEO of Maire Tecnimont Group and NextChem, stated, "We have four technological solutions for hydrogen manufacturing in our profile, with different levels of carbon intensity. Among these, eco-friendly hydrogen is one of the most enthusiastic one from a financial and environmental viewpoint and we are currently servicing it, both in Italy as well as abroad. This partnership with MYTILINEOS is extremely appealing."
Nikos Papapetrou, GM of the RSD Business Unit, mentioned, "Italy stands for among our key markets in Europe and also we are excited to start the development of our first Green Hydrogen Pilot Project in collaboration with Nextchem in the Country. We intend to expand this Business Version in all the countries where we are currently establishing Renewable Energy Systems (RES).".
The development of the plant's capacity for the green hydrogen manufacturing is of top concern, both for Italy and for the European Union, to contribute to the European goals of carbon nonpartisanship and accelerate the energy transition in civil and commercial industries.
- Australian eco-friendly hydrogen hub blocked by federal government
- Hydrogen Fuels Australia plans modular project in Victoria
- Australia's H2 Trade May be Worth US$ 90 billion in 2050: WoodMac
- Rio Tinto studies eco-friendly hydrogen potential in Australia
- BayWa r.e to release pilot solar-plus-hydrogen project in Netherlands