Juwi to decarbonise Egyptian gold mine with solar-storage project
- German developer as well as EPC specialist juwi has actually secured a deal to layout, supply as well as construct a solar-storage hybrid project at an off-grid gold mine in Egypt.
The 36MW solar farm will certainly feature bifacial modules, single-axis trackers as well as be connected to a 7.5 MW battery power storage space system. Juwi Hybrid IQ micro-grid innovation will make it possible for the assimilation of the solar and battery system into the existing off-grid network.
The project will be set up at the Sukari mine, which situated near the Red Sea in the eastern of Egypt and is owned and also operated by extracting firm Centamin in collaboration with the Egyptian government.
Juwi said the solar-plus-storage plant will certainly minimize diesel intake by 22 million litres per year as well as lower the website's exposure to fuel rate volatility.
"We look forward to aiding Centamin to lower carbon emissions and price of power to the Sukari Gold Mine. This global front runner project highlights significant benefits that African mines can open with solar cell hybrid services powered with juwi Hybrid IQ," stated Dave Manning, director worldwide hybrid at juwi.
Juwi's very first utility-scale solar-battery hybrid development at a mine saw it mount a 10.6 MW PV project linked to 6MW of storage space at the DeGrussa copper mine in Western Australia. This was adhered to by one more setup at the Agnew mine, additionally in Western Australia, and an additional 5 utility-scale hybrid projects currently incomplete throughout Australia and South Africa.
With the mining industry accountancy for 10% of international power intake, juwi chief operating officer Stephan Hansen stated the company is "glad to sustain the resource market on their decarbonisation pathway with our reputable solar, wind and battery options".
- EV Battery Makers Are Obtaining Their Hands on Everything
- Microsoft-Backed Fund Raises $200 Million for Climate Startups
- Masdar, EDF Renewables and partners eye 1.2 GW of solar in Indonesia for power exports to Singapore
- PowerMarket, SunRaise flip turn on big Maine community solar project
- Verde Solutions to install 370-kW bifacial solar project for Illinois producer