Dominion Energy suggests 500MW of new solar projects for Virginia
- Dominion Energy has sent propositions for nine brand-new solar projects in Virginia with a combined capability of nearly 500MW as the utility remains to develop out its renewables profile to satisfy its tidy energy responsibilities in the state.
Six of the projects are to supply electricity through power purchase contracts (PPAs), picked complying with an affordable solicitation procedure. Dominion stated this collective strategy with solar programmers assists fulfil the Virginia Clean Economy Act demand to have around a 3rd of brand-new solar as well as onshore wind by 2035 be acquired with PPAs.
The company has actually also obtained 3 centers that are presently under growth and also have a consolidated peak output of 82MW, particularly: Grassfield Solar, Norge Solar and also Sycamore Solar.
"We are concentrated on adding substantial renewable energy sources, such as solar and also wind, over the next 15 years while preserving our commitment to outstanding reliability," said Ed Baine, president of Dominion Energy Virginia.
Authorized into law in April, the Virginia Clean Economy Act saw the state come to be the very first in the United States South to dedicate to 100% zero-carbon electricity, a target established for 2050. The law contacts Dominion to be carbon-free by 2045 and also requires the closure of almost all coal-fired plants in the state by the end of 2024.
Dominion's integrated resource plan submitted in May subsequently saw the energy announce the development as well as purchase of 24GW of new renewable energy as well as storage space ability over the following 15 years.
Katharine Bond, Dominion vice president of public policy as well as state affairs, informed PV Tech earlier this year that the renewables targets are in component as a result of enhancing needs as a result of the Clean Economy Act. "Solar and also storage are going to be absolutely essential components in order to assist us attain both our firm's net-zero commitments in addition to our legislative obligations," she stated.
- Iberdrola commissions 50-MW solar farm in Spain
- Capital Energy breaks ground on 20-MW solar plant in Spain
- Masdar, Taaleri to establish 65-MW PV project in Greece
- Sungrow obtains inverter order for 200-MW solar project in Egypt
- NTPC Renewable Energy Indications PPA to Offer Power From its 150 MW Solar Project