Q Cells to outfit biggest part of 370-MW solar park in Angola

Apr 20, 2021 02:06 PM ET
  • Solar items firm Q Cells has actually begun shipping "large amounts" of solar (PV) modules of what it claims is the "backbone" of a 370-MW solar project in Angola.
Q Cells to outfit biggest part of 370-MW solar park in Angola
Image: Q CELLS

The business, which has twin headquarters in South Korea and also Germany, is supplying a total amount of 287.1 MW of modules of the Q.PEAK L-G4.5 version for 2 of the 7 individual solar parks that will certainly develop the collection. Much more specifically, it will equip a 188-MW facility in the commune of Biopio, Benguela district, and another plant in the same province.

Q Cells kept in mind that a consortium of Swedish and South African lenders, with insurance coverage from Swedish as well as South Korean ECAs, have actually financed the project. Specifically, the Swedish Export Credit Firm (SEK) has actually set up an export credit limit that covers 85% of the complete expense. It is assured by the Swedish Export Credit Agency (EKN) and arranged by ING Bank. The remaining 15% are bankrolled by South African lending institution DBSA.

Portugal-based design, procurement as well as building (EPC) firm MCA will certainly realise the project, having actually collaborated with Sunafrica on its advancement. The initial of the seven solar ranches is anticipated to become part of solution by the third quarter of 2022.

Solar Installers, Manufacturers