Q CELLS puts significant financial investment in n-type solar, will have new module this year
- Korean module maker Q CELLS will spend EUR35 million into its worldwide R&D headquarters in Germany to sustain its efforts in n-type solar cell as well as module development. The business has recognized this technology as one of the most efficient next-generation chauffeur of lowered cost within solar over the following couple of years.
Development of the n-type technology-- which will certainly be called Q.ANTUM NEO-- is already well progressed. Q.ANTUM NEO is the next action in Q CELLS' distinct Q.ANTUM Innovation roadmap, utilizing n-type cells with passivating calls to more increase the efficiency and also power of the solar modules. Q CELLS anticipates to introduce Q.TRON, a new solar module made utilizing this cell innovation within 2021, boosting performances well above the degrees of existing p-type modules on the market. In parallel, Q CELLS is additionally dealing with tandem solar cell r & d based on perovskite modern technology in its technology and also R&D head office in Germany.
" The core worths of Q CELLS have always been technical excellence and leadership, and I am delighted to expose that the company is positioned to once more introduce an era-defining PV innovation to the marketplace this year with a new high-efficiency module item made with our brand-new n-type Q.ANTUM NEO technology," said Dr. Daniel Jeong, Q CELLS CTO. "Our exact investment roadmap has been thoroughly taken into consideration to make certain that Q CELLS can continue to shape the next-generation of solar energy modern technology for many years ahead."
- Indonesia: USD 2.6m Loan Powers Shizen JV's Rooftop Solar
- 90MW Brazilian Solar Projects Energized by Trina Solar
- BNDES: Investing in Brazil's 902MW Solar Complex
- SB Energy's $1.9B Solar Projects: Biden Tax Credits Boost US Manufacturing
- SB Energy Funds 1.3GW Solar Portfolio with IRA Domestic Content