Juwi signs PPA for 175MW solar project with 25MW of battery storage in Colorado
- The US unit of German developer and EPC provider juwi has actually inked a power purchase arrangement (PPA) with Colorado Springs Utilities for a 175MW solar project paired with a 25MW battery storage system.
Found in El Paso County, Colorado, and also slated for conclusion in 2023, the Pike Solar and also Storage project notes the first acquired storage space system for both juwi Inc. as well as Colorado Springs. Connected to both the solar array and the electric grid, the battery will certainly have a discharge period of 4 hrs.
The 17-year PPA will enable renewable resource to stand for 27% of Colorado Springs Utilities' energy portfolio. "The added solar we will bring online will certainly aid diversify our power mix and assist us reach our power vision goal of achieving 80% carbon reduction by 2030," said CEO Aram Benyamin.
Pike is the 2nd solar project that juwi and also Colorado Springs Utilities have actually dealt with each other. The initial, Palmer Solar, is a 60MW center that got to business procedure earlier this year and also is currently the largest solar project in the utility's system.
The PPA complies with the authorization of a brand-new Colorado Springs sustainable power strategy by the Utilities Board. "I'm delighted we have the ability to bring even more renewable energy to the residents of Colorado Springs," stated Board chairwoman Jill Gaebler. "Through the year as well as a half public input process right into the incorporated source strategy, we paid attention to our consumers and this is what they told us they desired. Today, the board is providing on that particular assurance."
Juwi strengthened its existence in Colorado earlier this year, signing an offer to establish 400MW of solar for energy the Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association. The agreement will certainly see the firm construct four utility-scale PV parks prior to the end of 2023.
According to the Solar Energy Industries Association, 3,320 MW of added solar capacity is anticipated to be set up in Colorado over the following five years.
- EV Battery Makers Are Obtaining Their Hands on Everything
- Microsoft-Backed Fund Raises $200 Million for Climate Startups
- Masdar, EDF Renewables and partners eye 1.2 GW of solar in Indonesia for power exports to Singapore
- PowerMarket, SunRaise flip turn on big Maine community solar project
- Verde Solutions to install 370-kW bifacial solar project for Illinois producer