Glass Manufacturer Saint Gobain Strikes RE Offer For Operations in Spain
- The 11-year agreement will start in 2024 and will certainly cover around 55 percent of power requirements of Saint-Gobain in Spain.
- Saint-Gobain also mentioned that this agreement will make it possible for a decrease in CO2 emissions of roughly 39,000 tons each year.
Worldwide light as well as lasting construction titan Saint-Gobain has announced that the company has authorized a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with Endesa in Spain for the supply of clean energy. Endesa is the top energy supplier in Spain.
The main statement of Saint-Gobain held that the 11-year agreement will certainly start in 2024 and also will cover around 55 percent of electricity requirements of Saint-Gobain in Spain. It stated that the power supplied by Endesa will be created by its renewable profile which consist of wind, solar and hydroelectric power.
Under this agreement, Endesa will provide Saint-Gobain 150 GWh of renewable resource every year, which corresponds to the supply of regarding 43,000 Spanish houses with renewable energy every year.
Saint-Gobain additionally discussed that this agreement will enable a reduction in CO2 emissions of approximately 39,000 tons each year.
This is the second renewable energy supply agreement authorized by Saint-Gobain in Spain. With each other, the two agreements will certainly cover 65 percent of the Group's power requires in Spain. Saint-Gobain stated that the PPA is a major action in the Group's fight against climate modification and also towards its commitment to get to carbon neutrality in 2050.
This news follows the current signings by Saint-Gobain of two vital renewable electrical energy supply agreements in Poland as well as The United States and Canada, increasing the share of renewable electricity to greater than 60% for the whole Group. It comes after the current recommendation by the Science Based Targets campaign (SBTi) of the Group's greenhouse gas emission decrease targets as regular with the organization's new Net-Zero Standard and also the Paris Climate Agreement.
Saint-Gobain India and Green Infra Wind Energy Ltd (GIWEL) authorized a lasting wind-solar hybrid energy supply agreement previously this year for the supply of 33MW of clean energy. GIWEL is a subsidiary of Sembcorp Green Infra's (SGIL) which itself is an entirely possessed subsidiary of Sembcorp Industries.
Just Recently, Saint-Gobain India also revealed that it has actually partnered with Cleantech Solar to commission an 18.7 MW solar PV system at Cleantech's solar park in Tamil Nadu state of India.
- GEK Terna indications solar energy PPAs with PPC, RWE in Greece
- SoftBank-Backed Enpal Raises EUR430 Million for Solar-Leasing Unit
- Masdar provides cheapest cost for 1.8-GW area of Dubai solar project
- Swiss Lonza indicators solar VPPA with Ignis
- Lower-income EU nations obtain EUR 2.4 bn to pursue green transition