DNV companions with South Korean companies to check out floating solar opportunities
- Quality assurance business DNV is teaming up with South Korean floating PV (FPV) component suppliers to check out business opportunities in the worldwide floating solar market.
With the purpose of increasing the number of FPV plants internationally, DNV has authorized a memorandum of comprehending with South Korean companions consisting of steelmaker POSCO, floating structure option carrier SCOTRA, module supplier SolarPark and structure manufacturer DASCO.
As well as exchanging technical details to develop systems according to the requirements as well as practices of the global FPV market, the partners will identify projects and also markets of shared interest and work together on joint advertising campaigns.
"The renovation in the top quality and integrity of the solutions shaped by this collaboration will allow investors to be better placed to occupy FPV opportunities," said Brice Le Gallo, vice president and regional director APAC, power systems, at DNV.
According to DNV, worldwide mounted FPV capacity will certainly reach 10-- 30GW by 2030.
A 42MW FPV project set up on a reservoir in South Korea was finished last year. Developed by Q CELLS, the plant includes a floating structure from SCOTRA.
DNV worked together with a host of sector players to launch the world's very first advised practice for FPV last year. Concentrating on five key topics-- site conditions evaluation, power yield projection, mooring and also anchoring systems, floating structures, permitting and also environmental effect-- the overview intends to increase financier confidence in FPV.
DNV has actually because awarded Sungrow FPV a declaration of consistency for its anchoring and also mooring design technique for floating planetary systems.
- Statkraft lined up as green power provider for Czech manganese project
- Sonnedix, Statkraft indicator PPAs for solar energy in Italy
- Soltage starts 28-MW solar project on land owned by Cincinnati Zoo
- Voltalia signs 30-MW solar PPA with Leroy Merlin
- Spain's Enfinity Global to Acquire 400 MW Solar Projects in United States