Boralex Sets Sights on 2025 Strategic Plan. Surpasses 3GW Milestone
- Canadian energy company Boralex has achieved a major milestone, surpassing 3GW of installed capacity in renewables. The company is now setting its sights on its 2025 strategic plan, which includes a portfolio of 5.5GW in renewable energy projects.
Boralex recently achieved a major milestone, surpassing 3GW of installed capacity in renewables. This was achieved at the end of fiscal 2022, with the company adding 447MW of capacity through the acquisition of a 50% interest in five US wind farms in December. Additionally, Boralex commissioned three French projects with an additional 90MW of capacity, comprised of the 65MW Moulins du Lohan wind farm, the 13MW repowering of Mont de Bezard 2, and the Grange du Causse solar site. The company also added 137MW to its preliminary phase of development portfolio in solar and wind projects. (Source: Boralex)
Why does it matter?
This milestone is a major achievement for Boralex, and reflects the company's commitment to renewable energy. This achievement is especially impressive considering the company has managed to drive up cash flows and maintain a solid balance sheet while continuing to add projects to its portfolio. In addition, the company is setting its sights on its 2025 strategic plan, which includes a portfolio of 5.5GW in renewable energy projects. This is a significant increase from the 2020 base year, and shows Boralex's commitment to sustainable energy.
Boralex is now focusing on its 2025 strategic plan, which includes a portfolio of 5.5GW in renewable energy projects. Additionally, the company is continuing to drive up cash flows through its investments in renewable energy projects, while maintaining a solid balance sheet. The company is also continuing to look for opportunities to add more projects to its portfolio, in order to further increase its installed capacity in renewables. As the energy transition continues to accelerate, Boralex is well-positioned to capitalize on this trend and continue to grow its renewable energy portfolio.
- Indonesia: USD 2.6m Loan Powers Shizen JV's Rooftop Solar
- 90MW Brazilian Solar Projects Energized by Trina Solar
- BNDES: Investing in Brazil's 902MW Solar Complex
- SB Energy's $1.9B Solar Projects: Biden Tax Credits Boost US Manufacturing
- SB Energy Funds 1.3GW Solar Portfolio with IRA Domestic Content