Eelpower and also SUSI Partners obtain 150MW battery storage space portfolio
- Swiss infrastructure fund manager SUSI Partners in collaboration with Eelpower has concluded the purchase of a 150MW portfolio of battery storage projects.
The procurement of the sites comes as SUSI wraps up the financial investment phase for its devoted Power Storage Fund (SESF) launched in 2017. The three construction-ready UK assets - that includes the 50MW Fordtown battery storage project in Kintore, Aberdeeshire obtained from the ILI Group earlier this month - add to its diversified portfolio of utility-scale and also behind-the-meter properties in Canada, Australia and California.
SUSI as well as Eelpower announced their joint venture in January 2021, to improve Eelpower's sale of multiple properties to SUSI at the end of 2020. This included the 10MW Leverton storage center near Lincoln, the 20MW Rock Farm storage space facility in Shropshire and a 10MW battery near Winchester.
Mark Simon, chief executive of Eelpower claimed they were pleased with the financial investments, adding that since 2017 "Eelpower has actually produced amongst the highest earnings per MW of all storage operators in UK" demonstrating its capabilities.
" With the price of growth in the UK storage market set to boost-- in feedback to a lot more periodic renewable resource and also the important significance of grid balancing services - Eelpower is well positioned to capitalise on existing as well as future investment chances in support of SUSI, NextEnergy as well as various other investors, and also with storage developers and also owners."
In September, Eelpower signed a ₤ 100 million joint venture with NextEnergy Solar Fund to establish 250MW of battery energy storage space assets in the UK.
As well as the acquisition with Eelpower, SUSI Partners acquired a 50MW battery storage project from German renewables designer and also long-lasting companion ABO Wind in Northern Ireland as part of its initial investment phase. This will provide grid stability solutions to the solitary Irish power market.
- TagEnergy starts building and construction of 20MW/40MWh battery
- US programmer wins 538MW California storage space bargain
- GoodWe Commits To Energy Storage Space Solutions
- Enphase energy systems will quickly integrate with most prominent AC generators
- Hawaiian Electric seeks solar-plus-storage in following procurement round