BayWa r.e. continues Asia-Pacific expansion and has launched a new solar system distribution business in the Philippines
- German project developer for renewable energies BayWa r.e. Renewable Energy GmbH has launched a new solar systems distribution business in Makati City, the Philippines.
The company has been active in the region for some time and has already supplied components for a 600 kW rooftop PV system in the Philippines from its branch in Thailand. The new sales location in the Greater Manila area will enable BayWa r.e. to better serve the growing market for renewable energies in the country. The new office with attached warehouse has started work with employees from the region.
The goals of the Philippines in the field of renewable energies have »currently led to an enormous expansion of solar energy,« says Daniel Gäfke, Director of Projects at BayWa r.e. APAC. Entry into the wind project and solar distribution markets is expected to follow quickly.
The Ministry of Energy plans to increase the output generated by renewable energy plants to around 15,304 MW by 2030 - around 35 percent of total demand. As part of the Paris climate protection agreement, the country has committed itself to reducing its emissions by 70 percent by 2030.
- Photon Energy boosts green bond issue to EUR 80m
- Brazil clears 100 MW of solar projects from Oct 14 tender
- Birch Creek purchases United States solar, storage space platform with 5-GW pipeline
- Agilitas Energy Acquires Texas Energy Storage Systems Portfolio for $75 Million
- Nextracker to Supply 810 MW Solar Trackers to United States Solar & Storage Projects