United States financier obtains 460MW PV duo
- Competitive Power Ventures buys 360MW Prairie Dock and also 100MW Stonecrop projects from Belltown Power
US investor Competitive Power Ventures (CPV) has actually completed the acquisition of two solar farms amounting to 460MW from Belltown Power U.S.A. Growth for an undisclosed price.
The projects are the 360MW Prairie Dock in Illinois and the 100MW Stonecrop in Kentucky.
They are both are expected to begin building and construction in the second half of 2023.
As soon as functional these 2 projects are expected to produce enough electricity to power roughly 87,000 residences.
CPV chief executive Gary Lambert said: "This acquisition improves CPV's method to quickly expand our eco-friendly footprint as we lead America's transition to a clean, liable energy future.
" We eagerly anticipate collaborating with Belltown Power to bring these solar projects to fruition as we work towards a low-carbon future."
Belltown Power chief executive Hernan Farace claimed: "We are delighted to have finished this deal with CPV.
" Our teams worked effortlessly throughout the execution process, and also we anticipate sustaining CPV in the recurring development of these projects-- as well as hopefully much more to find."
CPV currently has approximately 3GW of renewable energy projects in advancement.
- Prefabricated solar tech firm 5B protects ARENA grant, launches AU$ 33m innovation programme
- Enel Green Power acquires 610MW of Soltec trackers for projects in Peru as well as Colombia
- TrinaTracker takes aim at Middle East PV market with launch of brand-new 1P tracker product
- Masdar, EDF Renewables and partners eye 1.2 GW of solar in Indonesia for power exports to Singapore
- Standard Solar acquires 2.9-MW community PV park in Maryland