Uniper boards HYPORT Duqm green hydrogen project in Oman
- German energy business Uniper SE (ETR: UN01) on Monday revealed that it has signed up with HYPORT Duqm, a significant project focused on establishing a 250-MW to 500-MW green hydrogen center in the sultanate of Oman.
Uniper has authorized a cooperation contract with HYPORT Duqm's shareholders, Belgian specialist DEME Concessions and Oman's OQ Alternative Energy, to offer engineering services as well as work out an unique off-take agreement for green ammonia.
Uniper will certainly add by demonstrating a strong company case for the off-take as well as allow HYPORT Duqm's companions to safeguard funding for the project, the firm said.
The HYPORT Duqm duo secured a 150-square-kilometre (57.9 sq miles) site in the Special Economic Zone at the port community of Duqm previously this year. The website will certainly fit up to 1.3 GW of wind as well as solar energy capacity to create hydrogen, which will certainly after that be refined into green ammonia.
The 250-MW to 500-MW green hydrogen facility and also the supporting renewable resource facilities represent the very first phase of the project. Uniper discloses that the facility is intended to begin procedure in 2026.
The HYPORT Duqm facility will certainly link to Port of Duqm's brand-new export terminal, storage infrastructure and also fluid jetties. The port will certainly be utilized as the gateway to supply competitive green hydrogen and also hydrogen-derived products to international markets, Uniper stated.
"We require to get hydrogen out of the laboratory and also start utilizing it in large-scale applications and also valuable industrial remedies-- we need to transform it into a market as well as exploit its wide range of uses," Uniper Principal Commercial Office Niek den Hollander commented.
"One way of achieving this is to import green ammonia as well as transform it right into hydrogen, which is something we are checking out for Wilhelmshaven on Germany's North Sea coast. Germany will certainly be greatly dependent on imports if we want to make use of hydrogen to assist us attain our climate objectives," the CCO includes.
- Bloom Energy, Heliogen companion on eco-friendly hydrogen production
- Indian Oil Corporation to Develop Country's First Green hydrogen Plant
- Chemists develop unique electrolyser for hydrogen manufacturing
- Australian eco-friendly hydrogen hub blocked by federal government
- Hydrogen Fuels Australia plans modular project in Victoria