JA Solar’s bifacial double-glass PERC modules used on 2.5MW rooftop project for Goodyear Malaysia
Aug 5, 2019 08:11 PM ET
‘Solar Module Super League’ (SMSL) member JA Solar has supplied its bifacial double-glass PERC modules to a 2.5MW rooftop project at a Goodyear tire manufacturing facility in Shah Alam, Malaysia, the country's largest such project.
The rooftop power plant is said to be the largest commercial rooftop solar plant under the NEM (Net Energy Metering) program to date, in Malaysia and notable for the large rooftop deployment of 6,680 bifacial modules on the factory, warehouse and corporate office.
Goodyear told PV Tech that the installation tied into the ‘Responsible Operations’ pillar of Goodyear’s Corporate Responsibility Strategy, which includes managing its environmental impact. Goodyear said that the maximum demand of the Malaysian tire plant was 4,500kW.
JA Solar's high-efficiency PERC bifacial double-glass modules were said to have a bifaciality factor of over 70%., including PID (Potential Induced Degradation) resistance even in extreme weather conditions, such as high temperature and humidity.
- Poland's Unimot raises PV panels output 3-fold to 45 MW
- Italy includes 2.48 GW of solar in 2022 to appear 25 GW
- Linton to manufacture silicon equipment for photovoltaic panel makers within the United States
- Vertically placed solar system Sunzaun hits market
- Recom to introduce Panther series of solar modules to united state market at Intersolar