Dominion Energy Gets Central Virginia Solar Project
- Dominion Energy (NYSE: D) revealed today that it has obtained the 62.5-megawatt (A/C) Madison Solar creating facility in Orange County, Va., from Cypress Creek Renewables. The project, which will be possessed by Dominion Energy's contracted properties arm and also which has actually gotten all relevant state and local licenses, is anticipated to go into service in the 2nd quarter of 2022.
Falls Church, Va.-based Northrop Grumman Corporation will take the power generated at Madison Solar in addition to the renewable energy credit reports, under long-lasting arrangements. Northrop Grumman prepares for that the center will certainly give adequate renewable power to the grid to match 100 percent of its Virginia production and workplace procedures' electrical energy usage.
" If we can aid our consumers-- both big as well as little-- add more renewables and give cleaner electrical energy," said Robert M. Blue, Dominion's executive vice president as well as co-chief operating policeman, "that's a win for our customers as well as the Commonwealth of Virginia."
As part of the Virginia Clean Economy Act's need for zero-carbon electricity by 2045, over the next 15 years Dominion Energy intends to add around 16,000 megawatts of solar producing capability via company-owned projects and also power acquisition agreements authorized with third-party developers in Virginia. It has actually likewise satisfied its mentioned 2018 objective of bringing online, starting development on, or authorizing contracts for 3,000 megawatts of solar as well as wind generating capacity in Virginia by the start of 2022. The firm's solar portfolio was lately rated third by S&P Global Market Intelligence among energy holding companies in the U.S.
" Northrop Grumman has a long-standing dedication to ecological sustainability as well as greenhouse gas emissions reductions," stated Sandra Evers-Manly, vice head of state of international business obligation, Northrop Grumman. "As we look past our 2020 goals, this project will certainly play an important role in the future generation of our climate-related dedications."
" Our goal of powering a lasting future one project at once drives us to produce valuable collaborations and also projects," claimed Cassidy DeLine, vice head of state of Project Finance, Cypress Creek Renewables. "Our partnership with Dominion as well as Northrop Grumman on the Madison project enhances our dedication to developing solar in the country's biggest wholesale electricity market, PJM, and delivering long-term benefits for Orange County, Va."
About 660 acres of land along State Route 20 in Locust Grove, Va., are being acquired to house the solar development.
Greater than 7 million consumers in 20 states stimulate their residences and services with electricity or gas from Dominion Energy (NYSE: D), headquartered in Richmond, Va. The business is committed to sustainable, reputable, budget-friendly as well as secure energy as well as to achieving net absolutely no carbon dioxide and also methane exhausts from its power generation as well as gas framework procedures by 2050.
- Iberdrola commissions 50-MW solar farm in Spain
- Capital Energy breaks ground on 20-MW solar plant in Spain
- Masdar, Taaleri to establish 65-MW PV project in Greece
- Sungrow obtains inverter order for 200-MW solar project in Egypt
- NTPC Renewable Energy Indications PPA to Offer Power From its 150 MW Solar Project