China's Sinopec starts construction of USD-470m green hydrogen plant
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (HKG:0386), much better known as Sinopec, today revealed the begin of building and construction of a CNY-3-billion (USD 471m/EUR 414m) green hydrogen manufacturing complicated in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region.
This pilot project calls for the setup of a 300-MW solar photovoltaic or pv (PV) nuclear power plant to supply with electrical power an electrolyser with the capability to create 20,000 tonnes of green hydrogen per year. The strategy also consists of a round hydrogen tank with the capacity to save 210,000 basic cubic metres and hydrogen transmission pipelines with a capability of 28,000 cubic metres per hour.
According to Sinopec, this will be the world's biggest solar PV-powered green hydrogen production project when completed in June 2023. Its output will certainly be provided to Sinopec Tahe Refining & Chemical so it can change the existing gas and also fossil energy utilized in hydrogen production.
Every one of the significant devices and core products for the project, consisting of solar PV modules, electrolysers, hydrogen tank and pipes, will certainly be made in China.
- The Hydrogen Stream: Hydrogen refueling stations for automobile market
- France's Lhyfe to Create Green H2 from Solar Energy in Germany
- The Hydrogen Stream: More huge scale hydrogen for Port of Rotterdam
- Hero Future Energies companions US-based firm to establish 1GW of green hydrogen plants
- Beijing Jingneng building 1 GW of wind, solar with storage space as well as some hydrogen production