Voltalia starts preparations for Karavasta solar park building
- French renewables firm Voltalia has begun prep work for the construction of a 140 MW solar park in Albania's Karavasta seaside area, the Albanian head of state's workplace announced.
As part of the preparatory phase, Voltalia will execute technical studies of the environmental and also construction criteria at the website that need to be examined in order to acquire a structure license, the head of state's office said in a declaration on Friday.
Voltalia won the tender for the building of the solar park in May. The firm authorized a 30-year concession contract with Albania's federal government to construct and also operate the solar power plant on July 31. The expense of the project is estimated at around 128 million euro ($155 million).
Under the contract, Voltalia will certainly offer fifty percent of the electricity produced at the solar park to Albania's state power distribution company for 24.89 euro per MWh, while he remaining half will be offered out there.
- Avaada Gets Decision From MERC for 250 MW Solar Project with MSEDCL
- Fortum to develop biggest solar farm in Russia
- RE2 Robotics obtains $1.9 million in DOE financing for automated photovoltaic panel placement on utility-scale projects
- Bridgestone Americas tire plant currently powered by 2-MW ground-mounted solar project
- US ROUND-UP: EDF indications second PPA for Texas project, Exelon separates utility & affordable energy company